|Call Us Today|
Thinking about the logistics of a remodel can be overwhelming. You’ve probably gone back and forth on if you should take the leap to upgrade your home or just live with your space as it is currently. If you have been thinking about whether or not to start your remodeling project, you’re in the same position as many of our clients were before having the home of their dreams. While this is a common dilemma, here are 5 reason why now is the perfect time to start your remodeling project.
1. You Know Your Home: after spending the last few months at home, you've grown to know every inch of your space. The list of projects you've been meaning to tackle has been growing and it's time to start upgrading your home and making it your personal sanctuary. Now that you know exactly what you're not happy with and what you would like to change, it's the perfect time to start your project.
2. Design Takes Time: the process of getting to know your needs and wants for your new space takes time. It starts with an understanding of how you intend to use your space and figuring out your unique style. The process of designing the perfect layout along with picking just the right fixtures, paint colors and all the other materials that go into a project is lengthy but necessary. It can’t be rushed, and knowing that makes this another reason to start your project sooner rather than later.
3. Permitting Process: the permitting process can take up to 4 months depending on the size and complexity of the project, as well as which city has jurisdiction of the property. There are generally a few rounds of drawing review that projects go through with the city building department. The first round can take some cities up to 6 weeks to review the project. Generally, the second round is much faster if there are no complications before the permit is issued. It’s best to start planning projects as soon as possible to have the permit issued and be able to start construction so you can soon enjoy your newly remodeled home.
4. Housing Market is Still Steady: if you’ve been waiting for a decline in real estate values to swoop up your perfect house, don’t hold your breath. With housing resale supply low, house values have remained steady and are projected to do so through at least the end of the year. This makes now the perfect time to make an investment into your existing home, turning that into the home of your dreams.
5. Low interest rates: while the housing market is still steady, interest rates have been favorable to borrowers. If you been considering taking out a loan to finance your remodel, now is the perfect time to lock in a low rate. According to Bankrate, rates are lower than historical benchmarks, however approvals are getting harder to obtain. Now is a good time to start your project and take advantage of these rates. You can also consider using Custom Design & Construction’s in-house finance solution to truly have everything you need for your project under one roof.
Any one of these is reason enough to get started on your project and there is no better way than to start with a free consultation from one of the award-winning designers at Custom Design & Construction. Fill out the form below and take the first step towards creating the home of your dreams.
Custom Design & Construction, founded in 1986, is a design-build company that specializes in high-end whole house remodels, home additions, ADUs, kitchen, and bath remodels. With our headquarters in El Segundo, CA, we serve homeowners all over the South Bay area. We are an award-winning member of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry and have a 96% approval rating with GuildQuality.
"A good design, well executed is a joy for a very, very long time and that's what I got with Custom Design & Construction"
- Stephen P., Custom Design & Construction Client -
Learn everything you need to know to plan your remodeling project. Get a timeline and insight into costs. Discover how to hire the right company to design and complete your project. It’s all complimentary. No obligations. Space is limited so register today!