“Don’t buck the trend” and “the trend is your friend” are common adages in the financial world.
While it is a sound principle for investors, prevailing kitchen trends can sometimes find themselves outdated and novel within a couple of years.
For those living in the Los Angeles area, who are accustomed to dynamic trends of all variety, we thought it would be refreshing to pin down 8 key kitchen trends that we believe will make working in the space much easier.
Consider this your free pass to jump on a trend without worrying about how long it will last or if it’s the right one. You simply can’t go wrong with any of them.
- Open concept floor plans. When the kitchen is an active part of the home, entertaining guests is easier and more enjoyable. Socializing while preparing dinner makes for a great evening. If children are running around in the home, the open concept kitchen helps you keep a watchful eye on what they’re doing.
- Sophisticated appliances. Smart kitchen appliances are all about convenience and efficiency. Whether it's a refrigerator that keeps an inventory on the food or a dishwasher that can be controlled remotely, sophisticated kitchen appliances help lighten the load.
- Backsplash materials and designs. Design has become almost as important as function for the kitchen backsplash. When it comes to protecting kitchen walls from the inevitable spills and splatters, and doing it in style, the options can be overwhelming. Kitchens backsplashes today are adorned with wood, metals, stone and other materials that scream sophistication and style. Here are 30 backsplash ideas to get you started.
- Apron sinks. Also known as farmhouse sinks, apron sinks, provide a blend of unique aesthetics, versatility and convenience to the kitchen. For one looking to make an artistic statement, the apron sink fits the bill. This new trend has manufacturers stocking up on a variety of sinks with different materials, from porcelain, to copper, to cast iron and others. Certain apron sinks can even be more accessible and easier to clean with a narrower front edge than most standard styles.
- Pot filler faucet.Great for pots that can’t fit in the standard sink. Pot fillers are perfect for filling teakettles, watering cans, or even a coffee pot. They also save time and can be installed in a variety of different ways suitable to the homeowners needs. Cutting down on physical labor in the kitchen by using a pot filler faucet can also make a huge difference for those who have back injuries or other physical limitations.
- Contrasting cabinetry. Make a big statement with contrasting cabinets. The result feels just as classic as keeping all of the cabinets identical, yet with a fresh a modern feeling.
- Storage space.When it comes to storage, there never seems to be enough. Pots, pans, utensils, herbs, spices, and whatever else needs to be stored can be handled with ease when the space is planned in advance. Here are 6 Clever Kitchen Storage Ideas to consider.
- Task lighting. When certain tasks require complete focus and engagement, you want lighting that willshow you the way. Enter the task light. There are couple of things to expect from task lighting, but when done correctly, they are added convenience when a special project needs to be completed.
Now that you have 8 kitchen trends to choose from, which will you pick? Or maybe you’ll just hop on all of them!